A simple guide to the world of male supremacy
You own more monotone suits than the person down the hallway with the corner office and you are hoping that no one notices you exist while you make through the day.
God forbid you have brains. And if you have them, please relegate them to a corner of your body that's not visible.
Let's face it.
You are threatening to men even when you are not competing with them. To the most open-minded liberal men who swear to think of women as their equals, you are still not an equal.
You are still a woman. Something they used to own. And now you have a voice. How dare you?
If you are doing things that are not expected of women; you are getting in the way of your own self. Yes, they will pull you down and they will do it slowly but surely. Unless you have a very thick skin, which unfortunately cannot be purchased even on Amazon; do not try to hurt the male ego.
1. When a man talks, please let him. Be happy to only repeat his words. Do not add or take away words from his diatribe. He is the God of opinion and words.
2. When you have to disagree with their point of view; please do not. Have another man do it.
3. Before you say anything; keep asserting that you are just a woman with no skills. That makes them feel good. And Safe
4. It's better not to say anything when a man is explaining something to you. Please let him explain even if you know better. It makes them feel useful.
5. If you hear or are subject to something sexist; please do not point it out. It will allow them to attack you for existing in their space, blame you for your food, beverage habits or your clothes and your intent in being around you. You should just try your best to run away from the situation and never speak about it. They expect that. It hurts the big male ego that you found their sexism sexist. In fact, you should be grateful they have predefined tools to measure their egos with. If you know what I mean.
6. The more confused you come across as; the more powerful the man in the room feels. Please live up to the stereotype - appear and behave stupid and confused. Never come across as clear or direct. This will help the men feel powerful and in charge.
7. Don't come across as confident. Always use words like "stupid", " random" " not sure" " crazy" when giving your opinion so that the men never feel threatened by your confidence.
8. Never ever blame men for touching or feeling you. I would suggest stepping out in space suits if you are uncomfortable with the most common privilege that men assert.
9. Celebrate the bosses and co-workers who steal your ideas and take credit for work you have done. In fact, take pride and joy in the way they grow in stature and remuneration. After all, they deserve it. You on the other hand; are better at other things. I mean even if you are a brain surgeon, you are still a woman brain surgeon. Or a woman prosecutor.
10. When you stand up for your rights. ( Right); your actions are seen as hyper and emotional. So just don't protest. When a man is effectively screaming his guts out; it is a conversation. When a woman is talking; it is called emotional outburst. Your rights are a gift. Men's rights are their privilege,
There are more tactics that I have used to survive in business. I have spent years of my career careful about upsetting the male supremacy equilibrium. And facing it head-on, nevertheless.
Whenever I have raised my voice to sexism, bad behavior or discrimination; there has been a narrative that has tried to dilute mine. Will I stop raising my voice? No way in hell. The more you muffle me; the more of me you will see. And hear.